Getting Started with Cofense Reporter
Fordham’s University Information Security Office (UISO) has partnered with Cofense to help members of the Fordham community recognize and report suspected phishing and malicious e-mails. With the rollout of the new Gmail UI, the UISO is introducing the Cofense Reporter Addon to Gmail. With one click, you’ll be able to report potential phishing and malicious e-mails from your Fordham Gmail safely and in real-time. Reporting suspicious e-mails will help keep all Fordham members’ information safe and secure. Cofense Reporter is currently only available for use through Google Chrome and the Android Gmail app.
The Cofense Reporter tool will available when you launch Google Chrome and access your Fordham Gmail. There is no additional download or install required. The Report Phishing button will appear on the right-hand toolbar of your Gmail interface.
No set up is required, Cofense Reporter is ready to go when you wish to report an email.
1. Open your Fordham Gmail account by visiting “gmail.fordham.edu” or through the Fordham Portal which is “my.fordham.edu”. Place a checkmark next to an e-mail, or open it. Next, click the Fish Icon (Report Phishing) (Figure 1)
2. A Cofense Reporter tab will show up. Hit the “Report” button to report the e-mail.
3. That’s it! You have successfully reported an e-mail using Cofense Reporter. You will a receive a notification that forwards the the e-mail to Fordham’s UISO and the e-mail will be moved to your trash.
Cofense Reporter for Android
You can also use the Cofense Reporter within the Gmail app on your Android device. Follow these steps:
- Open an e-mail from your Fordham Gmail account.
- Scroll to the bottom of the message.
- Click the Fish icon (Figure 4).
- Confirm you want to report the message.
That’s it! You have successfully reported an e-mail from your Android device.